The 9 Books for 2009 Challenge is all about reducing your TBR stack.Â The rules are:
- Open to anyone, whether you have a blog or not!
- No need to register or to announce what you are going to read.
- Start in any category that you wish.
- 2 books from this reading challenge can be used in other reading challenges.
- Just post in the comment section.
- The genre of the books can be ANYTHING (fiction or non-fiction), but it must be decent (because you have to write reviews about the books).
- Other reading materials (graphic novels, poetry, museum catalogs, art books, zines etc.) are OK.
- The book must already be in your bookcase or storage area.
- The Challenge starts 12/27/08 to 12/27/09. You can post starting on 12/27/08.
- Format of work can be paper, audio, or electronic.
There’s also a category for each book.Â If you go to the site, the categories are explained. I’m not putting together a list yet, I’ll be building it as I go!Â But here are my placeholders:
Last updated: 7/2/09
- Long - Soul Catcher (Michael C. White)
- Free - Eclipse (Richard North Patterson)
- Dusty – Kitty and the Midnight Hour - Carrie Vaughn
- Used - Skin Tight (Carl Hiaasen)
- Letter - Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade (Diana Gabaldon) – the letter “J”
- Strange – Can You Keep a Secret? (Sophie Kinsella)
- Distance – Kopek the Destroyer (Phil Owens) – 3000+ miles from me
- Alive or Not – The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears â€“ Dinaw Mengestu
- Cover - Darling Jim – Christian Moerk