2009: Challenges – Spring Reading Thing 2009

srtmedium It’s that time again! The Spring Reading Thing 2009 kicks off on March 20. Challenges where I need to make up a list beforehand are harder for me to complete, so I’m thinking small… 12 books.  This leaves me enough wiggle room for those whims that I feel I must satisfy. These books are a combination of review books, stuff that’s been on my shelf for a while, and book club reads.

last updated: 5/14/09

1. The Kiss Murder – Mehmet Murat Somer
  2. Mixed Blood – Roger Smith
  3. Drood – Dan Simmons
  4. Whiskey Sour – J.A. Konrath
  5. The Uncommon Reader – Alan Bennett
  6. The Love Wife – Gish Jen
  7. Jacob – Jacquelyn Frank
  8. Baltimore Blues – Laura Lippman
  9. The Masque of the Black Tulip – Lauren Willig
  10. Dead Girls Are Easy – Terri Garey
  11. First Family – David Baldacci
  12. Laura Rider’s Masterpiece – Jane Hamilton Darling Jim – Christian Moerk

And, just for fun… the covers!

baltimoreblues blacktulip deadgirls drood

firstfamily jacob kissmurder laurarider

lovewife mixedblood uncommon whiskeysour

18 comments

1. Gwendolyn B. says:

Watch out for the Lippman book — I got my sister and mother hooked on the series this winter, and they couldn’t read anything else till they were all caught up!

2. DeSeRt RoSe says:

Love the covers.. I didn’t make up my list yet :)

3. Crystal says:

Great list – I keep meaning to start on the J.A. Konrath series, but haven’t managed to yet – maybe I finally will. Enjoy your reading.

4. PisecoMom says:

I love that you shared the covers! The Uncommon Reader is on my TBR list… and I love Laura Lippman’s novels. Thanks for sharing!

5. Denise says:

I finished “The Uncommon Reader” earlier this year. It’s a quick read and I enjoyed the original story line.

6. What a great site!! How do you count the words read??

7. My husband really enjoys David Baldacci and I think he’ll be reading First Family this spring as well. Thanks for being part of the challenge!

8. Brittanie says:

I hope to read The Masque of the Black Tulip too. :)

9. Looks like a great list. I love that you put all of the covers on there :-)

10. stephanie says:

Lots of new authors there (to me). Hope you find some good winners!

11. Toni Gomez says:

Very nice list. All the participants have me thinking that I want to join in this challenge. I will have to check it out!

12. Nise' says:

Love the Pink Carnation series! Happy Reading.

13. Nan says:

Great list! Happy reading!

14. Helga Marie says:

i love balducci, and i love your blog.
    enjoy the callapidder challenge.

15. Veggiemomof2 says:

I haven’t read any of them, so I’ll be interested in your review of them!

Happy reading!

16. Mimi B says:

I love that you added the covers the way you did! I always forget about it and feel like a dork doing it after everyone else. :) I don’t think I’ve heard of any of those authors.

Blessings,
    Mimi B

17. Just Mom says:

Like others have said.. how fun that you managed to get all the covers there – that’s cool! Interesting list – good luck with the challenge!

18. [...] 200919. Amber @ Everything except the grill20. Julie21. Christy (Between Here and Home)22. Jaime @ Confessions of a Bibliophile23. Susanne~Living 2Tell24. Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts25. Mocha with Linda26. Nely27. Vasilly28. [...]