Holy cannolis, it’s August already? I feel like I’ve been a busy busy bee this month.
For the Fourth, we went to Nashville to visit my parents and some other visiting family members. Then, I spent 3 days in a training class. Later in the month, I had a really fun lunch with Kathy, Jennifer, and Aths. Then, last weekend I went back to Nashville for a mini-vacation with my mom. In between all of that, I had to fight off another cold. I’m starting to think I’m going to be sick every month this year! Also, I’ve been focusing a lot of time on my writing, and on critiquing for other people. I entered a short story in a contest last week, and I plan to submit it to some magazines as well. We’ll see what happens.
I only reviewed 5 books this month, but I have several waiting in the queue to be reviewed.
- Flirt (Laurell K. Hamilton)
- The Anniversary Man (R.J. Ellory)
- Standoff (Sandra Brown)
- See Jane Write (Sarah Mlynowski & Farrin Jacobs)
- Dead in the Family (Charlaine Harris)
In the queue:
- Fool by Christopher Moore (audio)
- The Black Ice by Michael Connelly
- Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich
- Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown
- Broken by Karin Slaughter
- Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Cruisie
- Heat Lightning by John Sandford (audio)
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
- Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson
On the go right now, I have Broken by Karin Fossum, The Banker by Dick Francis, and I’m listening to Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer. Stalking Susan is the first book in a fairly new series (started in 2008) about a reporter in Minnesota named Riley Sparks, and I’m really enjoying it. I think it’s the best new series I’ve started in quite a while.
I’m not foreseeing August being any less busy than July. On the 14th, we’re headed to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon for vacation, and I’m really looking forward to it. My Kindle is coming with me, so I definitely plan to get some reading done. Hopefully I can get some of those back reviews written too!