2008: Challenges – 1st in a Series Challenge 2009
I, like J.Kaye, found the 2008 version of this challenge a little late in the year to participate, so I’m happy to jump in for 2009! The 1st in a Series Challenge is really pretty simple:
- Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
- Read 12 books that are the first in any series. You may read & list your chosen books any time during the year.
- Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.
- You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
I’m not listing books ahead of time, but will build my list here as I go. Join me!
last updated: 7/23/09
- Five on a Treasure Island – Enid Blyton (Famous Five series)
- Claus, A Christmas Incarnation – C. John Coombes (Volume I of III)
- The Prey – Allison Brennan (Predator series)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – Stieg Larsson (Millennium trilogy)
- Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy series)
- In the Woods – Tana French (Rob Ryan and Cassie Maddox series)
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games trilogy)
- Whiskey Sour – J.A. Konrath (Jack Daniels series)
- Dead Girls Are Easy – Terri Garey (Nicki Styx series)
- Kitty and the Midnight Hour – Carrie Vaughn (Kitty Norville series)
- Naamah’s Kiss – Jacqueline Carey (Moirin series)
- Courting Catherine – Nora Roberts (Calhoun Women series)
One thought on “2008: Challenges – 1st in a Series Challenge 2009”
Yeah! So glad you are signing up for this one too. Joy had some of the best challenge ideas. I am really going to miss that.