2009: Challenges – Spring Reading Thing Wrap-Up
I don’t do so great at these seasonal challenges!
Here was my list:
- The Kiss Murder â€“ Mehmet Murat Somer
- Mixed Blood â€“ Roger Smith
- Drood â€“ Dan Simmons
- Whiskey Sour â€“ J.A. Konrath
- The Uncommon Reader â€“ Alan Bennett
- The Love Wife â€“ Gish Jen
- Jacob â€“ Jacquelyn Frank
- Baltimore Blues â€“ Laura Lippman
- The Masque of the Black Tulip â€“ Lauren Willig
- Dead Girls Are Easy â€“ Terri Garey
- First Family â€“ David Baldacci
Laura Riderâ€™s Masterpiece â€“ Jane HamiltonDarling Jim â€“ Christian Moerk
The problem when I make a list of specific books to read is that inevitably, something comes up that makes me unable to read those specific books. I did read 33 books in the three months, but not the twelve I said I would! Basically, I decided that I really needed to focus on my enormous stack of review books, so that’s pretty much all I’ve been reading the last couple of months. I did start Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank, but didn’t like it.
The lesson I have learned here? DON’T SIGN UP FOR CHALLENGES WHERE I HAVE TO FOLLOW A SPECIFIC LIST. I never finish them.
One thought on “2009: Challenges – Spring Reading Thing Wrap-Up”
I tried the fall challenge and ended up with the same problem, so I swore off challenges. That didn’t last long – I just signed up for 2 more. I hope y’all have fun at lunch today – I’ll be thinking about you.
.-= Kathy´s last blog ..Review: April & Oliver =-.