2009: Challenges – The TwentyTen Challenge
The TwentyTen Challenge, hosted by Bart at Bart’s Bookshelf, is a nice little play on the year, and a whole lot easier than the 101010 challenge. Here are the guidelines:
- Read 2 books from each category, making a requirement of 20 books total.
- The categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, if you decide it fits, then it fits. (Apart from those marked **)
- Categories marked with ** have tighter rules, and these must be followed.
- Each book can only qualify for one category.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Books read from 01/01/2010 to 12/31/2010 are eligible.
Sign up is at Bart’s Bookshelf! The categories (and my list) are below: (last updated 6/13/10)
- Young Adult
Any book classified as young adult or featuring a teenage protagonist counts for this category.
- Hit and Run Holiday â€“ Carolyn Keene
- In Ecstasy – Kate McCaffrey
- T.B.R. **
Intended to help reduce the old T.B.R. pile. Books for this category must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/11/09.
- Little Children – Tom Perrotta
- Pacific Vortex! – Clive Cussler
- Shiny & New
Bought a book NEW during 2010 from a bookstore, online, or a supermarket? Then it counts for this category. Second-hand books do not count for this one!
- What Do We Do Now? â€“ Keith Malley & Chemda
- Food Rules: An Eaterâ€™s Manual by Michael Pollan
- Bad Bloggerâ€™s ***
Books in this category, should be ones youâ€™ve picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger count for this category (any reviews you post should also link to the post that convinced you give the book ago). *** Bad Bloggers: Is hosted by Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on.
- The Kitchen House – Kathleen Grissom
- Black Seconds â€“ Karin Fossum
Support your local charity shops with this category, by picking up books from one of their shops.
- Beneath a Blood Red Moon – Shannon Drake
- Murder at Monticello – Rita Mae Brown
- New in 2010
This category is for those books newly published in 2010 (whether it be the first time it is has been released, or you had to wait for it to be published in your country, it counts for this one!)
- The First Rule – Robert Crais
- So Much For That – Lionel Shriver
- Older Than You
Read two books that were published before you were born, whether that be the day before or 100 years prior!
- Win! Win!
Have a couple of books you need to read for another challenge? Then this is the category to use, as long that is, you donâ€™t break the rules of the other challenge by doing so!
- Lamb – Christopher Moore
- The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove â€“ Christopher Moore
- Who Are You Again?
This one isnâ€™t just for authors youâ€™ve never read before, this is for those authors you have never even heard of before!
- Ivory Tower Cop – George Kirkham & Leonard Territo
- A Lesson Before Dying – Ernest J. Gaines
- Up to You! – Out of My Comfort Zone
The requirements for this category are up to you! Want to challenge yourself to read some graphic novels? A genre outside your comfort zone? Something completely wild and wacky? Then this is the category to you. The only requirement is that you state it in your sign-up post. My category is going to be "Out of my comfort zone". This might be a graphic novel, or non-fiction, or something completely off the wall.
- Dark Entries – Ian Rankin (graphic novel)
- Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint – Nancy Kress (non-fiction)
One thought on “2009: Challenges – The TwentyTen Challenge”
This looks like soooooooo much fun. I signed up too!
.-= Beth F´s last blog ..Weekend Cooking: Review: Dough by Richard Bertinet =-.