2008: Challenges – A-Z Challenge 2009
I utterly failed at this challenge in 2008, mostly because it’s not a good challenge to start in July. So, I’m going to give it another shot in 2009!
- Option A: Read authors A to Z. Commit to reading 26 books theoretically speaking.
- Option B: Read titles A to Z. Commit to reading 26 books theoretically speaking.
- Option C: Read both authors A to Z and titles A to Z (52 books; this is the challenge Joy created)
- Option D: Read internationally A to Z (books representing 26 different countries) (The books could be from international authors (writers from that country); however, it’s fine if a book is only set in that country. If need be, instead of countries one could use cities, states, regions, etc. The idea is to use proper place names. If you’d like you could even use a few fictional countries.)
- Option E: Read 26 Alphabet books. Embrace your inner child and go visit the children’s section!
Mention in your comment (on that blog, not this site!) which option(s) you’ll be committing to. Sign ups begin December 1, 2008. (The challenge does NOT start until January 1, 2009, but early sign ups are definitely encouraged!) The challenge closes to new participants on June 30, 2009.
Join at http://atozchallenge.blogspot.com/2008/07/sign-up-here.html!
I will be doing Option C.
last updated: 12/10/09
- Amelia Peabody’s Egypt – Elizabeth Peters
- The Brass Verdict – Michael Connelly
- Claus, A Christmas Incarnation – C. John Coombes
- Dead to the World – Charlaine Harris
- Engleby – Sebastian Faulks
- Five on a Treasure Island – Enid Blyton
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – Stieg Larsson
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- An Ice Cold Grave – Charlaine Harris
- Kiss of the Night – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Lost Hours – Karen White
- Matilda – Roald Dahl
- Night Play – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- On Writing – Stephen King
- A Pen Warmed Up in Hell – Mark Twain
- Reunion – Therese Fowler
- The Stupidest Angel – Christopher Moore
- Tribute – Nora Roberts
- Upbound – Peter Hassebroek
- Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead
- Whiskey Sour – J.A. Konrath
- The Year of Magical Thinking – Joan Didion
- Adams, C.T. & Cathy Clamp – Hunter’s Moon
- Brennan, Allison – The Prey
- Coben, Harlan – Drop Shot
- Davidson, MaryJanice – Undead and Unemployed
- Evanovich, Janet – Plum Spooky
- French, Tana – In the Woods
- Gabaldon, Diana – Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade
- Hiaasen, Carl – Skin Tight
- Indridason, Arnaldur – Jar City
- Jenkins, Emyl – The Big Steal
- Krentz, Jayne Ann – All Night Long
- Lipton, Lauren – The Mating Rituals of the North American WASP
- Mengestu, Dinaw – The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears
- Owens, Phil – Kopek the Destroyer
- Patterson, Richard North – The Spire
- Roach, Mary – Bonk
- Somer, Mehmet Murat – The Kiss Murder
- Thompson, Jean – Do Not Deny Me
- Vaughn, Carrie – Kitty and the Midnight Hour
- Wharton, Edith – Summer
- Zusak, Markus – The Book Thief
2 thoughts on “2008: Challenges – A-Z Challenge 2009”
I hope you will be able to accomplish your goal in 2009. 🙂
This is interesting. Let me think 🙂