- Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
- A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
- A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is allowed.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
- There will be a single prize at the end of the challenge. Readers who complete the challenge and write up a wrap-up post (or wrap-up comment) are eligible. I’ll figure out a way to make it international.
Sign up is at the challenge blog! My list will be below:
list updated 5/10/10
Body of Water: Pacific Vortex! – Clive Cussler
Title: Shogun – James Clavell
Plant: Strawberry Shortcake Murder – Joanne Fluke
Place Name: London Bridges – James Patterson